Packing up all your goods and chattels in readiness for the removals company is no easy task, but when you get properly organised it is somewhat easier.
Part of that organisation is to have everything you need on hand when you start packing. What will you need? If you are doing the packing yourself, here are some suggestions to make your life easier.
- Bubble wrap is a great tool for protecting your breakables. Get a whole roll – or two – of fine bubble wrap suitable for small things such as crockery.
- Sticky tape. This should be used to secure the bubble wrap around each article.
- Packaging tape. This is wider and stronger that sticky tape and is used to seal the lids of the boxes.
- Newspaper. Old newspaper can be used to wrap things that are not easily breakable to prevent rubbing or scratches.
- Scissors to cut the bubble wrap and adhesive tape.
- Felt tipped markers to number the boxes
- Biro and exercise book to keep track of what you packed in which boxes.
- Strong boxes with lids
- Strong plastic bags (optional). These can be used for clothing and linen, pillows, blankets, doonas and other soft things that won’t break.
- Tea chests. These are larger, deeper and stronger than most cardboard boxes so if you have a lot of smaller items, it may be better to use them. They are also good for such things as removable small glass table tops, mirrors and glass picture frames. Place blankets or a doona at the bottom of the box and over the top before you seal it.