There’s really nothing worse than waking up on moving day to cloudy skies and regular showers of rain. If this happens to you, it could be tempting to give up and wait until a better day. However, the entire removals process is still more than possible in wet weather, and there’s really no reason to postpone your move.
One option would be to use a professional removalist with an enclosed truck that will protect your items from the weather. At Brilliance Removalists Perth we fit the bill perfectly. With years of industry experience, we have the skills and know how to move your house, no matter the weather.
Alternatively, you could draw on the following list of tips to help make your wet weather moving experience a success.
- Make Sure Everything Is Well Packed
The first, and most important thing when moving in the rain is to ensure that all your belongings are well packed. Consider the following:
- Make sure that everything in boxes is well sealed. Place valuable, water-sensitive items inside waterproof cases to ensure they are protected even if water gets inside a box. At the same time, you should use high-quality packing tape to seal all boxes.
- Use some sort of waterproof material to protect things like mattresses and artwork. Something like stretch wrap works well, but you could also consider large plastic bags or sheets.
- Label things that absolutely can’t get wet and pay special attention to the weather moving them.
Nothing here is too difficult, and our team at Brilliance Removalists can help you prepare for a wet weather move.
- Hire an Enclosed Truck
Although you might be tempted to use a friend’s ute or to hire a trailer, this is a bad idea when you’re moving in the rain. We would always recommend spending that little bit extra and hiring an enclosed moving truck to ensure your belongings are fully protected.
- Make Sure You Have a Good Stock of Waterproof Sheets and Tarpaulins
If you do decide to go ahead and move with an open vehicle, you will absolutely have to use waterproof sheets and tarpaulins. You should be able to pick these up quite cheap from your local hardware store, so don’t be scared to spend a bit on them.
- Use a Professional Removalist
Okay, okay, so we’ve already said this. But, using a professional removalist is really your best option when you’re trying to move in the rain. Watch the weather for a few days before your move, and seriously consider giving us a call if it looks like it’s going to be wet.
Our Team Specialises in Removals Across Perth
At Brilliance Removalists Perth we specialise in a range of removal services across the greater Perth region. We have years of combined industry experience, along with the expertise and equipment to make sure that your move is a success – whatever the weather.
Get in contact with our friendly team and discuss your next move today!